Tuesday, March 12, 2019

2018 Cincinnati Reds Hall of Fame and Museum Bobbleheads Review

2018 featured some pretty cool Cincinnati Reds Hall of Fame and Museum bobbleheads. The Reds Hall of Fame continued its tradition of distributing bobbleheads to fans on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays of each month during the season with the purchase of an admission ticket. I did not get every bobblehead that the Reds Hall of Fame handed out this season as some were of repeat players. In this post, I will review the bobbleheads I added to my collection courtesy of the Reds Hall of Fame.


The first bobblehead I received from the Reds Hall of Fame this year was a members’ exclusive bobblehead of Chuck Harmon. In order to obtain the bobblehead, you had to be a Reds Hall of Fame and Museum member. This is the first ever Reds bobblehead of Chuck Harmon and the reason why I became a member. The membership also included some other perks, but the Harmon bobblehead is the best benefit of being a member in my opinion.


The second bobblehead from the Reds Hall of Fame that was added to my collection was a 1988 Rookie of the Year Chris Sabo bobble. Sabo is a bigtime fan favorite among Reds Country, and this particular bobble honors his Rookie of the Year award. I do not actively try to get repeat players unless the bobblehead is significantly different. I have the 2010 Sabo bobblehead that the Reds gave out when he was inducted into the Reds Hall of Fame. The 2018 bobblehead came free with my Reds Hall of Fame membership, and even though I already have a Sabo bobble, the Rookie of the Year version is a pretty cool addition to my collection.


Third on the list of Reds Hall of Fame bobbleheads that I received was a bobblehead of Ernie Lombardi. He is a Reds legend, and I had been wanting either the team or the Reds Hall of Fame to give out a bobblehead of him for what seemed like an eternity. This bobblehead looks great and came free with my membership.


Fourth was a double bobblehead of Johnny Vander Meer. Like Lombardi, I had been wanting the Reds Hall of Fame or the team to give a bobblehead of Vander Meer for a very long time. He was on the 1940 World Series Championship team and became the first player in history to throw back to back no hitters. As such, his bobblehead is a double bobble and it might be one of the best that the Reds Hall of Fame has ever produced.


The fifth Reds Hall of Fame bobblehead for my collection in 2018 is a Tom Browning on a Building bobblehead. This bobblehead commemorates his famous 1993 stunt in which he left Wrigley Field during a game and perched himself on a roof across the street from the stadium. This is a fantastic bobblehead of Browning, and I consider it significantly different from other Browning bobblehead in my collection. 


The final bobblehead of 2018 that the Reds Hall of Fame gave out was of Harry Wright. This bobblehead was given out in exchange for a donation to the Reds Hall of Fame "150th Anniversary Legacy Campaign" to help cover the costs of renovating the actual Reds Hall of Fame and Museum building. Wright is the "Father of Professional Baseball" as he paid every player on the 1869 Cincinnati Red Stockings making them the first professional baseball team. This is by far my favorite Reds Hall of Fame bobblehead of 2018. 

Those are all the bobbleheads that I added to my collection courtesy of the Cincinnati Reds Hall of Fame and Museum in 2018. They all look great and do an excellent job of representing different generations of Reds history. My favorite from this batch might be Ernie Lombardi. It’s hard to beat a bobblehead of a Reds legend and National Baseball Hall of Famer which is what Lombardi is. The only bobbleheads from the 2018 Reds Hall of Fame lineup that I did not get were Adam Dunn and Johnny Bench as I already have bobbles of them in my collection, and I felt that the 2018 versions were not significantly different enough. 2018 was a solid year for Cincinnati Reds Hall of Fame and Museum bobbleheads, and I cannot wait to see what the Reds Hall of Fame unveils for 2019.









No comments:

Post a Comment